This category of residence permit is predominately reserved for foreign national spouses and/or relatives of Turkish citizens who wish to bring their family to Turkey.
Highlights, Requirements and Documents:
• Residence permit validity for up to three (3) year.
• TIP: Before you start your online application to renew your residence permit, be sure to have your biometric photo (with a white background) on your computer to upload during your online application. Note that your biometric photo should not be older than six (6) months.
• Includes applicants within the scope of Article 28 of law number 5901, including foreign nationals holding a residence permit, refugees and minors.
• Evidence of Turkish private health insurance for applicants between the age of eighteen and sixty-five.
• Property ownership documents or rental contract in Turkey. Documents must be in Turkish and notarised by Turkish Noter.
Note: If the rental contract is presented, your landlord’s Turkish ID and title deed of the property is required to be submitted along with your rental contract.
• Local Turkish bank statement evidencing financial independence and ability to support the applicant and any dependent family members (spouse and children under the age of eighteen (18) years old).
Note: Financial independence is defined by Turkish immigration as proof of funds equivalent to the Turkish minimum wage index (currently $500 USD per month of stay).
• Resident application form completed and signed by the applicant. If you have appointed a lawyer to submit your documents, your lawyer must be issued with a limited power of attorney stamped by the notary office. Applicant must be physically present at the notary office to arrange power of attorney (as your signature will be required). Applicant must present a passport. Once the passport is translated into Turkish, power of attorney can be processed and issued the same, or next day.
• Original passport, photocopy and original notarized passport (by Turkish Noter).
• Four (4) biometric passport photos for each applicant. Must contain a white background and meet biometric requirements.
• When applying for a spouse or dependent child (under eighteen years) submit sworn Turkish translations of the child’s birth certificate and spouse marriage certificate. Birth certificate and marriage certificate may need an apostille(if your country has an agreement) or stamp from your country’s Turkey consulate. This can take some time and requires an appointment. Basically you have to go personally but any person who holds a power of attorney can go on to the appointment to your behalf to complete the procedure. The original power of attorney has to be presented at the time of the appointment at the Consulate and Foreign Ministry to act upon your behalf.
Note: If the foreigner who will apply for Family Residence Permit has more than one spouse, only one of the spouses may benefit from this permit. However, all children of the head of the family may be granted a Family Residence Permit.